HELLO, MY NAME IS SAYER. I AM THE STEERING WHEEL OF THE FUTURE
- Sayer will be featured on a new Jaguar future vision concept: Jaguar ‘FUTURE-TYPE’ will explore mobility in 2040 and beyond
- Jaguar Land Rover is exploring the future of mobility at Tech Fest on 7 September – the steering wheel could become the only part of the car that you own
- Jaguar Land Rover Tech Fest will take place at Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London
- Free-to-enter festival and exhibition is open to public from Friday 8 September until Sunday 10 September
- Key moments from a media preview day will be broadcast across Jaguar Land Rover channels on Thursday 7 September. The preview will include a key note address by Jaguar Land Rover CEO Dr Ralf Speth, followed by a series of panel debates on industry hot topics.
London, UK, 04 September 2017: Jaguar Land Rover is revealing the intelligent and connected steering wheel of the future during the inaugural Tech Fest at Central St Martins, University of the Arts London.
This steering wheel concept lives in your home and becomes your trusted companion. Sayer is the first voice-activated artificial intelligence (AI) steering wheel that will be able to carry out hundreds of tasks. Sayer could signal your membership of our on-demand service club. A club which offers either sole ownership or the option of sharing the car with others in your community.
Imagine a future of autonomous, connected and electric cars where you don’t own a single car, but instead call upon the vehicle of your choice where and when you need it. That’s a future vision Jaguar Land Rover is exploring with Sayer, the connected steering wheel that could be the only part of the car you own.
Need to be at a meeting two hours away from home by 8am tomorrow? Simply ask Sayer from the comfort of your living room and it will work out when you get up, when a car needs to autonomously arrive at your door and even advise which parts of the journey you might enjoy driving yourself.
A beautifully sculpted piece of art, like every Jaguar Land Rover product, Sayer owes its name to one of the most prominent designers from Jaguar’s past, Malcolm Sayer, who worked for the British marque between 1951 and 1970.
Explore the future with Jaguar Land Rover at Tech Fest 2017.